Thursday, September 4, 2008

Annalise is 6 months old


Hey everybody. Jake has been after me to start this blog forever. I have just been dragging my feet. But, these children of ours do such amazing things, I feel like I need to share it. So, here we go. Our little girl turned 6 months today. I can hardly believe it. How could that be? How can Gideon be 2 1/2 and going to the potty? Annalise had her 6 month check-up today. She weighed 16 lbs and 10 oz. Our doctor says she is doing great. She is sitting up and playing with her brother, she is taking a bath in the big tub, she is starting baby food, and she has two teeth!! Gideon is getting bigger everyday. He is obsessed with all things Thomas the Tank Engine, loves to play in the dirt, wants to do everything himself, talking like such a big boy, and he his cutting his last two teeth for a very long time!! They are such an incredible joy to us. In his prayers tonight, Gideon thanked God for his new slide, his sandbox, rocks, windows, walls, and while stroking my hair, thanked God for Mommy. Life is so rich.
Kristy

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Every January of my adult life I have written 5-8 major prayer requests for that year in the back of the calendar I carry in my purse. For a number of years, "A child for Jake and Kristy" was one of my requests. I think of the answered prayer many times during the year, but particularly in January as I start a new calendar. I am reminded today of the miraculous blessings we enjoy today in Gideon and Annalise! Love you guys, Aunt Trisha