Monday, November 15, 2010

Gabriel's Party


We had our celebration of Gabriel Coy turning one this past Saturday. We had such fun and so much appreciated everyone coming. In lieu of gifts, we asked everyone to bring a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child and of course everyone was so  eager to help and they were incredibly generous with their gifts. We were able to collect 6 boxes. I wish so much that I could just slip inside one of the boxes and travel with it so that I could see the children's faces when they received these awesome boxes. My own children have been so excited and have completely understood that the toys, clothes, school supplies that have been coming in to our home are not for them, but for other children. In fact, the pediatrician asked them what they wanted for Christmas while we were at our appointment today and Annalise sweetly explained that we were packing shoe boxes for the children for Christmas. :) Of course, we will have gifts for our children, but I love that the first thing she thought of was giving to someone else. I am trying to learn from their example. :)

No comments: