Wednesday, November 10, 2010

OCC in Sudan - Very Far Away



So...our little Gabriel is turning one this Sunday. How can that be?? As we are preparing for our little one's birthday, we are also preparing our shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It is heartbreaking to me as a mother to know that there are children in this world that do not have the necessities in life. I think about how I would feel to not be able to provide what my children need. My children have above and beyond what they need. As I stated in my previous post, God has been showing Jake and I so very much about how we need to change. We have been trying to introduce our little ones to the fact that there are so many orphaned and needy children are in this world. And, it is our duty as followers of Christ to help in any way that we can. Some days, I feel like we are doing well, and there are other days that I am sure that we are failing. But, I am realizing that even if I fail, God will bridge the gap of that failure. This morning, I showed this video to my two oldest (ages 2 1/2 and 4 1/2). If you know my two oldest, you know that they are both chatterboxes. They talk CONSTANTLY. I feel embarrassed to admit it, but sometimes I don't pay attention to every sweet word that they say. :) So, as I was showing this to them, Gideon was kind of quietly talking beside me. I am sorry to say, I wasn't paying attention at first. But, how I wish that I had paid attention to every word because what I did hear made my heart melt with the sweetness. The last thing I heard out of his sweet mouth was "help us to take care of all of the children in Africa and India...in Jesus name...Amen." He had been standing there quietly praying the whole time!! I turned to him with big tears rolling down my cheeks and put my arms around his sweet shoulders thinking "why was I not listening??!! Why didn't I pay attention to every sweet word and write it down??" But, then I realized...he wasn't talking to me. :)

1 comment:

Elisha said...

So sweet, Kristy!! Give Gideon a big hug from me:) Give all the Franklin kids hugs from me! Such a sweet family! Miss you so much.