Monday, October 3, 2011

Blogging...not so much.

I have to be the worst blogger ever. I won't even try to catch everybody up with pictures now. Maybe later?But, we had a wonderful and busy summer. We made a trip to our nation's capital and a couple of the first settlements. We had a great time. The rest of the summer was spent being lazy, playing in the creek two or three times, trips to grandparents , trips to the Lake, vacation Bible school, and summer reading programs. We had a great time, but were definitely ready to settle down for school and regular routines. We are enjoying all of our curricula and are learning how to learn together. The children are good partners and I hope that they feel the same about me. Although, to be honest, I know I have work to do. Lately, I have been praying that God will help me in loving my children and accepting them fully the way they are. I am very blessed with children that want to please their Mama and Da....almost too eager to please. To be honest, I think I sometimes take advantage of their eagerness to please us. And, sometimes I feel as if I am not hearing them...not allowing them to be who they want to be. I am trying to let go of my ideals and make way for the adult they will become. I want to be a wonderful role model...not a bully. I am asking God for grace and wisdom to love AND respect my little people everyday.

No comments: